How to Get on the Ballot
To get on the ballot as a Precinct Chair, you must:
- Complete, print and return a Notarized hard copy of the Official Application Form (click here). This form linked above is a “fillable” PDF version of the appropriate ballot application. You may complete the form electronically, but you still must print it out and return a notarized hard copy by the deadline to get on the ballot.
NOTE: A Notary Public will be available at the CEC meetings Tuesday, Sep 24, Tuesday, Oct 22, and Tuesday, Nov 19.
- Complete the CCDP Precinct Chair Application form. This page does not need to be notarized. It contains some additional contact information we will need to be able to communicate with you.
- Turn the applications in between September 10 and December 9, 2019 to one of the following:
- the County Chair (Mike Rawlins)
- the County Secretary
- At a County Executive Committee (CEC) meeting
- At the Party office: 1915 N. Central Expressway, Suite 150, Plano, TX 75075.
What are the relevant dates?
- If you are already a Precinct Chair, you must refile for the next term, because your term of office ends on June 15, 2020.
- Filing Period: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 through Monday, December 9, 2019, by 6:00 PM.
- Precinct Chairs are elected during the Democratic Party Primary in even-numbered years.
NOTE: If there is no opponent in the race, the Precinct Chair is automatically elected and will not be shown on the ballot. Contested races appear on the ballot only for voters in their precinct.
- 2020-2022 Term of Service: The term runs from Tuesday, June 16, 2020 thru Monday, June 6, 2022.
- Swearing In Ceremony: New and re-elected Precinct Chairs should attend the statutory County Executive Committee (CEC) meeting at 7:15 pm on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 to be sworn in.