How to File or Refile to be a Precinct Chair
Collin County Democratic Party Precinct Chairs are the backbone of the party. We hope you consider applying to be on the ballot this cycle! The 2022-2024 term of office is scheduled to end on June 17, 2024, twenty days after the Primary Runoff Election. To serve for the 2024-2026 term you must re-apply. You can look up your precinct here.
The filing period for Precinct Chairs for the 2024-2026 term of office will open on Tuesday, September 12, 2023, and will end Monday, December 11, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. For 2024, Precinct Chairs will be elected in the Primary on Tuesday March 5, 2024, by plurality.
To get on the ballot as a Precinct Chair, you must:
- Complete, print and return a Notarized hard copy of the Official Application Form (click here). This form linked above is a “fillable” PDF version of the appropriate ballot application. You may complete the form electronically, but you still must print it out and have it notarized by the deadline to get on the ballot. NOTE: This step is required.
- Complete the CCDP Precinct Chair Application form. The form is here. This page does not need to be notarized. It contains some additional contact information we will need to be able to communicate with you. NOTE: This step is optional, but appreciated.
Applications may be submitted in several ways:
- Scan the notarized application and email to the County Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or the CCDP Secretary at email@example.com.
- Send the notarized application by postal mail or courier service to the party office at 6829 K Avenue Ste 111, Plano, TX 75074. NOTE: the application must be received by the deadline, so please make sure you send it in time to arrive before the deadline.
- By appointment with any of the individuals in the first bullet
We are working to have a Notary Public available for some of these periods. Please check to see if we'll have one before you come over. Thank you for applying!
Not sure what a Precinct Chair does? Please check out our page that describes "What It's Like To Be a Precinct Chair."