How to File or Refile to be a Precinct Chair
Collin County Democratic Party Precinct Chairs are the backbone of the party. We hope you consider applying to be on the ballot this cycle! The 2020-2022 term of office is scheduled to end on June 12, 2022, twenty days after the Primary Runoff Election. To serve for the 2022-2024 term you must re-apply. Some precinct boundaries have changed and you may be in a different precinct as of January 1, 2022. New voter registration cards are being mailed now and your new card will have your updated precinct. If you want to check your precinct before you receive your card, you may check here.
The filing period for Precinct Chairs for the 2022-2024 term of office will open on Saturday, January 15, 2022, and will end Saturday, February 12, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. For 2022, Precinct Chairs will be elected in the Primary Runoff on Tuesday May 24, 2022, by plurality, not on the regular Primary March 1.
To get on the ballot as a Precinct Chair, you must:
- Complete, print and return a Notarized hard copy of the Official Application Form (click here). This form linked above is a “fillable” PDF version of the appropriate ballot application. You may complete the form electronically, but you still must print it out and return a notarized hard copy by the deadline to get on the ballot. NOTE: This step is required.
- Complete the CCDP Precinct Chair Application form. The form is here.. This page does not need to be notarized. It contains some additional contact information we will need to be able to communicate with you. NOTE: This step is optional, but appreciated.
Applications may be submitted in several ways:
- Scan the notarized application and email to the County Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, the CCDP Secretary at email@example.com, or our Primary Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send the notarized application by postal mail or courier service to the party office at 1915 N. Central Expressway, Suite 150, Plano, TX 75075. NOTE: the application must be received by the deadline, so please make sure you send it in time to arrive before the deadline.
- By appointment with any of the three individuals in the first bullet
- Office hours by Primary Staff. The office will be open for Primary business from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the following days: January 18, 20, 26, and 28 and February 2, 5, 9, 12.
We are working to have a Notary Public available for some of these periods. Please check to see if we'll have one before you come over. Thank you for applying!
Not sure what a Precinct Chair does? Please check out our page that describes "What It's Like To Be a Precinct Chair."