by Mike Rawlins, Collin County Democratic Party chair
We have had a few reports of people having trouble with the voting machines. To avoid them we urge you to do the following:
- Know your voting Precinct number? It’s on your voter registration card.
- Know who should be on your ballot! If you don’t already have a slate card, go to this page and print a sample ballot.
- When you get to the polling place, make sure the clerks correctly identify your voting precinct and give you a ballot for your precinct.
- When you insert the card, make sure the ballot is correct for your precinct. If it has the wrong candidates on it, tell an election worker immediately and request a new ballot. Do NOT cast your vote!
- Before you hit the button to cast your vote, review your ballot twice to make sure all of your candidates are properly selected.
If you have any problems at all with the machine, don’t cast your ballot! Ask for help from an election worker.