Support your Democratic Candidates
You’ve block walked, phone banked, volunteered and donated to Democratic Candidates in Collin County. You are excited about the elections. You want change.
One of the key elements for success at the ballot box is a sustained presence of Democratic boosters that greet voters as they go to the polls.
We need your help one last time. First, vote, then bring your energy to remind voters that Democrats are here, we’re stronger than ever, and we are prepared to lead Collin County forward.
To register as a greeter at the polls, click here.
What does a Poll Greeter Do?
- Ambassadors, representing the Democratic Ticket
- Provide Campaign and Candidate Visibility
- Reassure Democratic Voters that they are not alone.
- Thank people for voting; encourage them to vote Democratic
- Familiar with curbside voting
- Familiar with Voter Assistance inside the polls
- Sit or Stand by your signs, so people know you represent Democratic candidates.
- Make it fun! Bring a battery-powered music player! Bring Kids to hold signs!
- Stay behind a marked area, one-hundred feet (100’) from the poll entrance.
- Greeters can pass out literature, Voter’s Guides, sample ballots.
- Do not harass voters!
- The Election Judge has jurisdiction of the polling place and 100’ outside of the polling place.
What do I need to bring?
Get Comfy! You should bring:
• Cell phone
• Lawn Chair
• A small table or crate (for literature)
• Water and snacks
• Hat or shade umbrella
• Radio or iPod for slow times